What’s amazing is that there’s a way to fix it. To fix all of it- in a very short period of time.
I’m talking about condensing humankind in ways that are so distorted, the vast majority of the world’s treasure and power are now held in the top 5% of all human beings. The top one percent controls 40% of everything. It’s true, the number of people who rule over your existence are really that few.
It’s also true that they could not have done it without you.
Here is an approach we could use to change it all. It doesn’t matter, because you won’t do it. Your neighbor won’t and probably a significant portion of your immediate family would think you were crazy for even talking about it.
Instead, most of us give the current system our consent.
We vote with our dollars, every day. We vote for the very ‘evil corporations’ that we say we want to see disappear. We enable their very existence through our direct action.
Your individual direct action is likely to constitute the most power you’ll hold in this lifetime.
What if tomorrow you & your local community:
- Began to spend every dollar you could, regardless of the price point, on goods that produced within 100 miles, complemented by a larger network from other regions. This would likely involve re-use and repair instead of buying new imported goods.
- Innovated the manufacture our own electronic devices locally. With something called a 3D printer, plastic objects could be manufactured as needed locally, instead of traveling across the Pacific. Open source projects such as Ubuntu already allow outdated laptops to become new again. In this way, old devices can be reborn instead of thrown out.
- Produced as much food as we could, using our yard space and trading it with local mobile apps. Right now only 2% of our population is involved with producing food and most areas are capable of local micro-farming.
- Created a local currency to further trade in this new local economy, which also has the benefit of protecting your savings from losing value via inflation.
We don’t have to figure out or understand the mess at the top if we start at the bottom and work up from there. These concepts are based on some simple economic facts-
- More things produced locally means more local jobs
- The more local jobs there are, the less money goes to ‘evil corporations’
- The large globalist consumer schemes that are wreaking havoc on our bank accounts, the integrity of our government and the earth’s natural resources can only exist if you participate
Where we spend our dollars determines the future- if only we could all practice this and give ourselves what we want- better jobs, economic stability and communities of neighbors that know each other, instead of just driving past each other each day.
If we could set our beautiful Pacific Northwest on this course- it could all improve so quickly…